Succeed Coaching Plan
The ultimate goal of any coaching service is for the athlete to reach performance goals without compromising health. Our ultimate goal is to keep you balanced in life and healthy as you train hard for your personal season goals. We will focus on general guidelines, such as daily and sport nutrition, stretching, periodized strength training, race day prep and execution, gear selection, motivation and recovery, to help you train consistently throughout your season.
The SUCCEED athlete receives a 100% personalized program that is periodized based on your key races and goals. This is the ideal coaching option for athletes who need a specific amount of communication, education and support but are not ready to commit to EXCEL coaching. The SUCCEED program is designed for athletes of all levels who are looking for a customized approach to training and feel the benefits offered are adequate to help take your training to the next level.Because we will play an integral part in your life over the next year, a trusting and strong relationship with our SUCCEED athletes is essential. We ask that you commit to our coaching services for 10 months in order for us to better understand your specific, individual needs, your lifestyle priorities (work/family), your time constraints and your strength/weaknesses as a goal-focused, driven athlete.
Although we review workouts for all of our coaching services, for the SUCCEED athlete to receive the full benefits of this coaching service, we highly encourage you to have a bike power meter and a GPS/HR device is required. Because the SUCCEED program provides frequent workout reviews, we feel that the best way to give you detailed feedback of your key workouts, to effectively help with race day execution and pacing and to better coach you as an individualized athlete, is to be able to analyze data from your training files, along with reviewing your training comments. We will also help you with race season planning (around your A race(s)) so you can peak appropriately.
We encourage a long-term relationship with the SUCCEED athlete as we want to see you reach your full potential, overtime.
• Dedicated, motivated, goal-focused, passionate and hard-working
• Desires/needs a customized plan with frequent (but not daily) feedback
• Appreciates and understands our personal coaching philosophy
• Trusts us, listens to us and communicates with us
• Does not require/need attention to every workout but wants to train smarter in order to make significant improvements in fitness
• Life is fairly structured but the athlete may require/need workout modifications as setbacks/obstacles may occur
• Likes attention to details but it is not seeking an excessive amount of feedback and education
• Does not focus solely on the end result but instead, appreciates the journey
• Is not rigid in the training structure and accepts change for fitness growth, optimal health and long term athletic
• Understands the importance of recovery and doesn't count weekly hours or miles
• Wants accountability from coaches
• Is open to purchasing new gear (when applicable) that we feel will help you train smarter and more consistently (we will help you better understand how to use gadgets/gear properly)
• Family/friends are on board with your commitment to training (it is our job to keep you balanced)
• Loves everything about being an EXCEL athlete but feels the SUCCEED option is the perfect coaching option at this time in your life