If the average athlete sweats between 28-48 ounces per hour, what's your sweat rate?
How much sodium do you lose in your sweat? Is it 400mg, 698mg or 1122 mg?
Have you ever considered the value of understanding the sodium content in your sweat to help you precisely tailor your electrolyte and fluid intake to meet your individual training and race day needs?
Have you considered how much of a potential performance limiter it could be to not understand your individual sweat rate and electrolyte loss?
Sweat testing takes away the guesswork so that a Board Certified Sport Dietitian can recommend appropriate sport nutrition products and strategies to meet your individual needs so that you can bring confidence with your fueling and hydration plan for every training session and for race day.
During exercise, especially in the heat, athletes tend to over-drink water and grossly underestimate electrolyte and carbohydrate needs. Seeing that an athlete's sweat rate and composition of sodium in sweat will change throughout the season, particularly in different environmental conditions, it's far too common that athletes will go into a race with a haphazard fluid and sodium plan often limiting performance through low energy, dehydration, bonking, cramping or GI issues.
Sweat testing is a scientific approach to help you understand your individual hydration and electrolyte needs so that you can gain trust in your training and racing fueling and hydration strategies. By determining your individual needs (fluids and electrolytes) for your sport, a personalized fueling and hydration protocol can be developed to optimize athletic performance while keeping your body in good health.
Don't let electrolyte depletion, glycogen depletion and dehydration sabotage a potentially great performance by your body in training and/or on race day. Sweat testing is critical for maximizing you athletic potential and minimizing the risk for heat-related injuries and health issues.
How does this service work?
- After purchasing this sweat testing service, you will receive a Sport Performance questionnaire in your inbox within 24 hours.
- Within 5-business days of purchasing this service, you will receive a LEVELEN self-administered sweat test kit (see picture above which features 2 Sweat Test Kits). Your kit includes a protocol as to how to perform the sweat test along with a card to record all information from the test.
- Once you complete the sweat test(s), you will return back your completed sweat patch (in the vial) and card to LEVELEN in the pre-paid, self-addressed envelope, where your results will then be analyzed when received.
- Results will be emailed directly to Marni within 2-3 days of LEVELEN receiving your sweat test. She will then contact you to set up a 60-minute consultation to discuss your sweat testing results.
- During your consultation, Marni will provide guidance on the most appropriate sport nutrition products to use along with a practical and safe fueling and hydration regime to apply to your upcoming training. A personalized application fueling and hydration handout will be provided within 24 hours of your session.
- This is a one-time service. If you feel you need a follow-up session to discuss your new fueling and hydration strategy and to adjust as needed, a 30-minute follow-up session is available.
- Triathletes - Please note that you can purchase 2 sweat test kits - one for the bike and for the run. It would be to your advantage to analyze your hydration and electrolyte needs for both sports.
- Add on: 1 x 30-minute follow-up to discuss your new fueling/hydration protocol and to adjust as needed.
- This service can be combined with the Performance Fueling service. Based on your sweat test results, Marni will create a detailed personalized fueling and hydration plan for you and will monitor your progress, and adjust as needed, while incorporating your new fueling/hydration strategies to your longer workouts. Your personalized fueling and hydration plan will be given to you after your first Performance Fueling initial session so that you can incorporate your new fueling and hydration plan into your upcoming training sessions. Marni will continue to adjust as needed throughout your entire Performance Fueling service. To learn more about this package, visit the Performance Fueling service.
I'M READY TO GET STARTED - PURCHASE HERE
Do you have a club, camp or team interested in group sweat testing? Please inquire using the form below with at least a 3-week notice.
Local sweat testing is available if you are in the Greenville area. Contact us to set-up your local sweat testing session.