contact us

Use the form on the right to contact us.

You can edit the text in this area, and change where the contact form on the right submits to, by entering edit mode using the modes on the bottom right.

Greenville, SC

Trimarni is place where athletes and fitness enthusiasts receive motivation, inspiration, education, counseling and coaching in the areas of nutrition, fitness, health, sport nutrition, training and life.

We emphasize a real food diet and our coaching philosophy is simple: Train hard, recover harder. No junk miles but instead, respect for your amazing body. Every time you move your body you do so with a purpose. Our services are designed with your goals in mind so that you can live an active and healthy, balanced lifestyle.

Trimarni Blog

A blog dedicated to exercise, nutrition and my life

What a weekend!

Marni Sumbal

I just had to put up this pic!! One of my favorites from IM FL 70.3!
My "recovery" week went really well. Thank goodness for rain that I didn't feel any guilt when missing my afternoon workouts last week. I wanted to take it easy so I thought the only way I could reduce my volume is to only workout once a day. I kinda enjoyed having an extra 10 or so hours last week but I kept myself busy with a lot of nutrition consultations and work for Beginner Triathlete. Friday, Saturday and Sunday were normal workouts and my body felt quite relaxed as of Friday morning. Went for a nice 2 hour ride to Howard Park, with 1 hour of intervals at a semi-hard pace. Got off the bike for a 40 minute run, including 10 x 1 minute bursts with 1 minute easy jog. Feeling really strong off the bike and I strongly believe in the brick workouts. I never wake up in the morning and just run because it is nice to run with warm muscles after I swim or bike. Also, I have had no injuries for the past couple of summers since I started triathlons and I think it is because I don't run right when I wake up in the morning. Whereas in the winter I am (was) more likely to wake up and hit the road for a long run, now I am spinning my legs first thing in the morning or hoping in the pool for a swim team workout.

Friday evening Karel and I went to Crispers for dinner down at Safety Harbor. Dinner was ok but we both enjoyed our Cold Stone afterwards! Yummm

Saturday morning I was feeling ready to complete the Gearlink ride with the guys (and Roberta and Celia). Karel was with me as we warmed up at an easy 20 mph! I hate it when he wants to spin his legs and asks me to come. I always find myself huffing and puffing before the ride even starts! After a 20 mile warm-up, we arrived at our CVS meeting point at 8am for the ride. To make this story short...We cycle for around 10 miles and then I get dropped at the start of Anclote road before I even had the chance to get on anyone's wheel! WHat a after around 10 miles of self-talk and a LONELY Time Trial ride along Anclote road, I had to make a decision to continue on and catch up at the 7-eleven re-fuel stop or turn-around and head back home. As I started to turn around at a red light, I thought about the Pro's and the girlies in my new age group (who break 10 hours in an Ironman!) and what they would do in my situation. First off, the probably would not have been dropped (they would be pacing the guys!) and secondly, they would push and push and never give up. The light turned green and I kept going. After the guys had refueled, they were all ready to go and continue with the ride. Of course they asked where I was and what happened, so I joked with them that they don't need all this rest and I we needed to keep going. After a couple laughs, I had one more opporunity (no more rest stops) to stay on a wheel as everyone rotated. Finally, I stayed on....and thank goodness for red lights. I got a couple of breaks but there was no resting for me. It's hard riding 24-28mph for miles and miles with no rest! Of course one of these days I'd love to rotate, but it may be a while. So I continued to push and push and my heart rate rose and rose. Oh, it was so tough but I just love the feeling of accomplishing the rides with the guys. There was one more point when I got dropped as we were turning after a red light and by the time I clipped in and looked forward, the group was aroud 15 yards ahead of me and there was nothing I could do to catch them. By this point, I think they were rotating around 26-28 mph and I could catch them. Karel (probably feeling sorry for me) slowed down and helped me catch the group. At this point, my heart was about to come out of my chest and my legs were aching! Luckily, there is no bonking or nutrition problems (besides being hot and thirsty in the Florida humidity!). After sticking on Karel's wheel, he pulled me for a couple miles and I finally caught the group in time for a couple more miles of them rotating and a sprint to the end of Trinity Road (which Karel won as usual). Thanks to Karel, I would have been pedaling a lonely ride all the way home. The guys were proud of me and so was Karel but most of all, I see BIG improvements in my cycling. Whereas I couldn't even make a warm-up with these guys, now I am staying on their wheels for a 3 hour ride. Karel and I ended up doing around 70 miles on saturday. Once we got home, I put on the fuel belt for a 30 minute run. I usually get "the look" from Karel when I do my brick workouts after our saturday ride and I kinda like it that he thinks I'm craz that I run after I ride. Last summer I would always save a little for the run, but now I give my saturday rides my all and enjoy the run after the grueling ride. The run wasn't that bad and I actually felt really good. Sunday was a 1 hour 50 minute run with Celia at 6:15 am I didn't feel that sore from Saturday...another good thing. Of course since we shaved 10 minutes off from the last 3 weeks (due to time constraints on sunday morning) she pushed me hard during the last 40 minutes..much harder than I anticipated for a long run. Oh well, it is good for me. I hoped on my bike for a 20 mile swim and after LOTS of miles this past weekend, I took a well-needed nap.

My mom, dad, Hunter and Angie came over for dinner last night and I entertained everyone with wraps and lots of fixings. The "veggie" meat was a hit but I also had a back-up of real chicken for the meat lovers. With fruit salad and ice cream for desert, I think this was a fabulous weekend. This morning I had to pay my rent so I biked to their office (about an hour and 40 minutes round trip) to save my gas and to spin my legs.

well, I guess I got everyone caught up on my life. Have a great week! Enjoy the 4th, be safe and congrats to all those who raced at Nationals this past weekend.
Also- a BIG congrats to my friend Bill who raced at BSLT in Texas a couple weekends ago. With a weight loss of over 10 pounds, he also made his race great with a PR by over 30 minutes...WAHOO!!!