contact us

Use the form on the right to contact us.

You can edit the text in this area, and change where the contact form on the right submits to, by entering edit mode using the modes on the bottom right.

Greenville, SC

Trimarni is place where athletes and fitness enthusiasts receive motivation, inspiration, education, counseling and coaching in the areas of nutrition, fitness, health, sport nutrition, training and life.

We emphasize a real food diet and our coaching philosophy is simple: Train hard, recover harder. No junk miles but instead, respect for your amazing body. Every time you move your body you do so with a purpose. Our services are designed with your goals in mind so that you can live an active and healthy, balanced lifestyle.

Trimarni Blog

A blog dedicated to exercise, nutrition and my life

Has it happened to you???

Marni Sumbal

It was that morning..the morning when plans change and you just can't decide what to do. I had a plan to get in a nice 2 1/2 hour ride on Seduza. I couldn't wait to get on my bike. I decided to "sleep in" a bit and set the alarm for 5:50am. If I didn't plan on riding, I would have set the alarm for 5:20am to head to the Y for a 6am swim at the Y with some other swimmers. So the plan was to go for a ride and when the alarm went off I hear the wind blowing....loud! The ground was all wet and I knew that this would be a hard ride due to the bad weather conditions. I checked the weather (as any type-A triathlete would do) and saw that the rain was gone but the wind was not slowing down. Since I had planned to visit my mom in New Port Richey today, I figured I'd drive the 25 miles early in the morning rather than later on in the morning. So, at 6:15am I packed seduza in Hyundai, packed the new DMT shoes and my pink helmet and grabbed the grover jersey and bike shorts. I figured the grover jersey would keep me smiling in the wind. So i am driving north and I call my dad to let him know that I will be heading to the house. It is 6:45am and my dad is getting ready for work and I just wanted him to prepare my mom in case she heard some noises when I got there. Well, then I thought it was silly to drive all the way north, 25 miles, and then turn back around after my ride to go personal train someone who lives 10 miles south of my parents. Yes, this is all I do in, drive, drive. I probably put in around 50-70 miles a day of driving...errrr. So, I call my dad again and tell him that I am just going to stop by my personal training clients house and ride my bike over there for 3 hours before her appointment. I have scared my mom so many times by surprising her early in the morning so I try to give her a heads up when I arrive unannounced. So, I head to the park in Landsbrook to fill up my water bottle and take a well needed bathroom stop. I drank my whole water bottle before the ride and I had to go. the door was locked! oh, I drive a few miles down the road to Publix and go to the bathroom there and fill up my water bottle. I decide to just park my car and get on my bike right there in the parking lot (Same parking lot as my summer wed. night rides). Well, the wind had picked up and it is now 7:15am. I was in no mood to battle the wind when I just wanted to go for a nice long spin. So now i am debating what to do until my 10am appointment. I did have my biology book but that remained closed and burried under a bag in my car. I called Karel cause I needed to complain about my indecisiveness but he didn't answer. Instead of leaving him a long message, I figured I'd make something of my morning and just go to the Y (1 mile away, where I teach my spin class) in Landsbrook and walk on the treadmill. I just didn't feel like doing anything at this point and I gathered all my strength to get out of the car. Since I like reading when I'm on the treadmill, I just thought about a good magazine at the Y that would entertain me as I listened to the radio (I listen to the MJ morning show on 93.3 every morning). I had a few looks at the Y why I was there on a Fri and not Wed and the treadmill was waiting for me. It is now a little after 7:45am and I am walking on the treadmill with Men's Fitness and Shape in front of me. I knew the older man next to me on the treadmill and we started talking after my 10 min walk. I started to jog at a comfortable 6.8 mph and after 20 minutes, I bummped up the speed to 7.2 mph. After 30 minutes of chatting I couldn't believe I had ran over 3 miles and now I am feeling great. NO leg pain and i felt super fresh. The sun is now coming out and it looks nice outside (still with a little wind). I thought about getting off the treadmill and jumping on my bike but I thought I would enjoy this moment of running pain free (w/ motivation to run) and keep going. After an hour, I restarted the treadmill and kept running. After over 2 hours of deciding what to do and having no motivation to do anything, I ended up running 9.2 miles, with at least 20 minutes of the run at 7.5-8mph (intervals). I felt SO good. How amazing that I turned around my morning. I finished the run with some abs and a few arm exercises, showerd up and left the Y just in time to personal train. I know i've read many blogs of people who have a plan for training and well, plans change and it happens to me every now and then and it is such a BUMMER! BUT..if we only could think about our other options in the sport of triathlons than perhaps we always have an opportunity to turn a bad day into a good day. And if for some reason all doesn't work out for training..well, consider it a well needed rest day and enjoy just doing nothing!!