contact us

Use the form on the right to contact us.

You can edit the text in this area, and change where the contact form on the right submits to, by entering edit mode using the modes on the bottom right.

Greenville, SC

Trimarni is place where athletes and fitness enthusiasts receive motivation, inspiration, education, counseling and coaching in the areas of nutrition, fitness, health, sport nutrition, training and life.

We emphasize a real food diet and our coaching philosophy is simple: Train hard, recover harder. No junk miles but instead, respect for your amazing body. Every time you move your body you do so with a purpose. Our services are designed with your goals in mind so that you can live an active and healthy, balanced lifestyle.

Trimarni Blog

A blog dedicated to exercise, nutrition and my life


Marni Sumbal

I'm going to tell the truth.I thought this would be fun, moving with Karel to a new place. Getting to decorate after going through all our stuff from the past year. I don't have to worry about training since my race is behind me and I can just take my time with everything since I have nothing else to do.
Ha...I wish you could understand how terribly sore I am right now. My calves, my quads and my arms. I hate moving.
Ironman Florida 70.3 was on sunday. I raced hard and I could feel my quads all evening. I slept for a solid 6 hours (too tired to sleep) on sun night after finishing the boxes in our place around 11pm. Monday morning, Karel and I biked to the Penske Truck pick-up. I think we averaged around 13mph and our 7 mile ride felt like a 20 mile ride. Karel and I were so physically exhausted from our races. We got the truck and started loading at 10am. We didn't finish until around 6:30pm and the odds and ends took another 2 hours on tuesday morning. I slept for around 6 hours on mon night and Karel and I celebrated our packing with some yummy ice cream in Dunedin at a local ice cream shop. My mom helped us clean and pack up on monday and that was a BIG help. Moms' are just great when it comes to helping out with cleaning and organizing. What would I do without her! Our friend Dallas helped Karel move the heavy stuff because I am about worthless when it comes to anything heavy. Even without a half ironman, I am not a fan of lifting heavy furniture.
We were out the door around 9am on Tuesday and headed to Jacksonville. We had to pick up a bed and a fish tank stand on the way and I was surprised that our trip only took 4 hours. Not too bad. I was entertained with Smudla crying for most of the trip but other than the first hour she did very well. She tried to sleep but she wanted to be sure I knew she was ready to get to her new home. She had a meow out of her about every 10 minutes even when she was sleeping. I also had the two fish tanks with a total of 9 fishes and although we emptied out about 3/4ths of the water, I was super careful when I accelerated and stopped. We finally arrived to our new apartment around 2:45pm and the lease was signed at 3:30pm after the walk-through. Ok, here we go....start moving up 3 flights of stairs!
Ouch, ouch, ouch...the 16 foot truck (which was packed full!) was never ending. Sadly, it was Karel and I for around 4 hours until one of the guys at the bike store helped Karel with the couch, futon, dresser, dryer, table and tv. I managed to help Karel with some heavy furniture but it sure took me a while. Karel is a true champ when it comes to lifting. I was really impressed with his strength. Strong heart, strong arms and legs too!
Towards 8pm I felt like I was in the last mile of an Ironman... but worse. As I walked up the stairs for the millionth time, I just kept saying "one foot infront of the other. You can't stop now." I think I was carrying pillows and I was struggling. Karel and I felt so weak and we had a late dinner (after a day of eating PB&J) at Moe's and I cleaned my plate which was a hearty salad of tofu, lettuce, beans, rice, cucumbers, tomatoes and salsa. Karel and I love Moe's! I still don't think I am anywhere near recovered from Disney (the move didn't help) because besides my soreness, I am incredibly hungry every minute. I know after a race the calories are still burning (especially if you stay up with your protein...thank goodness for whey protein and water on the road!) in order to help repair so I am trying to eat every couple of hours, even if it is a box of raisins, an orange or more bread and PB.
My sleep last night was just horrible. We went to bed around 10:30pm and I was up at 4am. My legs were burning and I thought I had just did an IM. This morning I did exactly what I did after IMFl and Kona...a bath at 4am and I ate a waffle in the bathtub. Now that I think about it, after Kona I had 3 rice krispie treats in the tub.
Well, now comes the fun part. Unpacking. Smudla is loving our new place and I like being on the third floor. Karel and I have decided that after the many hours of moving up the stairs yesterday, we need to live here more than a year to make it all worth it. After that...we are getting a house!
I am waiting for my books for school to arrive since I started my dietetic program (online) last mon. I have a handful of assignments that are due nex mon so I have a feeling this first week is going to be super stressfull..especially if my books don't arrive soon!!!
Karel is at work and I think this will be the longest day of work for him. I could fall asleep right now but I have boxes just looking at me.
Thanks for all the congrats emails for my race on sunday. Although the excitement after Disney was short because of rushing home to finish packing (after Karel and I watched the Tour d'Italia) I was full of smiles and happiness when reading all the nice emails and comments on my blog. Thank you again everyone for all your support and for checking in on me and all the other athletes. And congrats to everyone else who raced at Disney or anywhere else.