contact us

Use the form on the right to contact us.

You can edit the text in this area, and change where the contact form on the right submits to, by entering edit mode using the modes on the bottom right.

Greenville, SC

Trimarni is place where athletes and fitness enthusiasts receive motivation, inspiration, education, counseling and coaching in the areas of nutrition, fitness, health, sport nutrition, training and life.

We emphasize a real food diet and our coaching philosophy is simple: Train hard, recover harder. No junk miles but instead, respect for your amazing body. Every time you move your body you do so with a purpose. Our services are designed with your goals in mind so that you can live an active and healthy, balanced lifestyle.

Trimarni Blog

A blog dedicated to exercise, nutrition and my life

Heavy legs

Marni Sumbal

Karel and I are sore. Really sore. So sore, we had our whey protein, my blueberry and strawberry with chopped walnut pancakes, lots of water, fruit, brown rice and veggie mix (that Karel made), ice cream and more water....and we are still sore. But the pancakes tasted SOOOOO good, as usual :)

Yesterday morning I left at 7am for my long run. I had a piece of toast with a little PB a few raisins and a little banana. I stick with oatmeal for my pre-ride workouts. When I have trouble getting out the door, like this morning, I try to think about the people that i am coaching. This morning I thought about kate's sis (kelley) who I am coaching for her first marathon. As of now she has only done 2 5K's but as of this morning, she did her first 1:50 run!!! I've been working with her for 9 weeks and from not ever having ran a race, she is doing amazing! So for me, 1 hour and 42 minutes, 12 miles....and a lot of soreness was just what I needed to do that morning. I finished my two flasks in my fuel belt (heed and heed + aminos) before 90 minutes and I was so sweaty when I got home. Just as I got home, I grabbed a quick sip of water before I grabbed seduza. I headed out for a nice hour spin and passed Karel heading the opposite direction. My legs were a little stiff during the day but with no time for a nap (so much studying and work). I had to go to the Trek store to evaluate some nutrition products. I love it when Karel tells me they get new nutrition products cause then I become a happy little kid in a sugar-free candy store :)
After Karel got off work we took our weekly trip to the pet store to look at fish, fish supplies and fish stuff and then we had a nice dinner at the StoneWood Grill. YUM!!! I had a great salad for dinner but the bread was just fabulous :) Karel and I had a gift certificate from a friend of ours (thanks james sweeney!) so karel enjoyed his wine, grouper, rice and soup....I thoroughly enjoyed my bread basket.
Of course we watched the tour that we taped and before we knew it 9pm and we were out!
Ok, so this morning was just torturous! Riding with the group, only a few girls and a lot of ciaos. I guess every group ride is different but riding with the Gearlinkers I was trained by the best. Now I get to these group rides in Jax and I don't understand the rotation, their lines and what they are getting out of the ride. So for drafting, by someone who has trouble drafting, I guess I was exerted a lot of effort. Karel had to change his fork on his cervelo so I met Karel at the shop at 7am with our friend Cody. We headed up to the Open Road cycling shop where the ride started at 7:30. The ride was a bit slow at first with around 40 people heading out on the road. Karel decided to make a move and a few guys followed. I didn't want to get dropped by Karel because I didn't know where I was going so I decided to chase down the 5 guys in the break away. Ok, silly me. I can't catch them...but I tried! I was pushing in my hardest gear (I blame my slow twitch fibers) and I had a few other guys helping me out. Finally we caught them but not too long afterwards, some guy told Karel that they had to slow down until a certain part of the ride. Oh jeez...Karel just laughed that he was going too fast. Well, eventually the pace did pick up and I kept finding myself in the front 5-10 people, Slowly i would make my way up to the front and then Karel and I were pulling.
I had a few pulls as we were rotating on our own time but I didn't have much in the tank. My legs were just shot the whole workout and I really don't know how I hung out.
There was one flat and a small crash so the pace slowed down a bit. I noticed that Karel wasn't with the group after the crash and a few other guys and 1 girl had pulled away from the group.
We all met at the gas station for a refill on drinks and a bathroom stop. There was Karel and he gave me a quick kiss and off he and cody went for more miles.
I finally made it home....average speed 21 mph and I ended up with 67 miles. I finished off the workout with a good 20 min. run and that was the most enjoyable part of the workout. Well, maybe because I knew my pancakes were coming soon after I cleaned myself up.
It was about 90 minutes after I came home that in walks Karel. Glycogen depleted and hot. 95 miles....slacker..can't even make it to 100 :)
I am going to sleep so well tonight. After studying, doing work and trying to take mini breaks to check my email...I can't wait to go to bed!
hope everyone had a great weekend. :)