contact us

Use the form on the right to contact us.

You can edit the text in this area, and change where the contact form on the right submits to, by entering edit mode using the modes on the bottom right.

Greenville, SC

Trimarni is place where athletes and fitness enthusiasts receive motivation, inspiration, education, counseling and coaching in the areas of nutrition, fitness, health, sport nutrition, training and life.

We emphasize a real food diet and our coaching philosophy is simple: Train hard, recover harder. No junk miles but instead, respect for your amazing body. Every time you move your body you do so with a purpose. Our services are designed with your goals in mind so that you can live an active and healthy, balanced lifestyle.

Trimarni Blog

A blog dedicated to exercise, nutrition and my life


Marni Sumbal

It was weird being at home for a full weekend. I had the opportunity to go with Karel to Dade city (about 3 hours away) for his crit on Sunday but I had a lot of school work to catch up on. Karel wasn't feeling pumped for this race since he did a 3 hour ride in the pouring rain (karel, jeff, curtis and shawn) on Sat but he decided it was worth a try to get out there and try out the sprinting legs. Karel ended up getting 11th which he was really happy about. This same race last year was not so good for Karel because he crashed twice on the technical course. This year it was the same course, but in rain, so Karel was a bit more careful on the corners.

On Friday morning my arms fell off and I didn't find them for my Saturday workout. However, luckily I had a bike ride to do.
Sadly, it was raining.
I put my bike on the trainer and decided that I would ride inside until it cleared up. After 90 min. of watching a few reality shows on my DVR, that I missed while I was on my honeymoon, I got off the bike and let Campy outside. rain!
I put on a jersey, my helmet and gloves and got my bike off the trainer. I put on my cycling shoes, walked down my 3 flights of stairs and got on my bike. At that moment, it started raining.
Back up stairs, took off my jersey, put on a dry-fit shirt and put my bike back on the trainer. Turned on the TV, said hi to Campy and started riding again. Campy slept and I suffered my way (partly insane) through another 90 min. Not sure how I did it, especially the last 50 min. when Karel came home from his ride and started cooking breakfast...yummmm.
After 3 hours on the trainer, my legs were toast! The thing about trainer riding is that you can't coast, you don't have opportunities to stop and you stay in the same spot.
My legs hurt so bad after the ride that I could barely walk. I decided a 20 min. walk with Campy was better than nothing so once again, I slacked on the brick run. I am having a really hard time with that run off the bike and I blame Campy for looking so cute and happy for me to give him some attention.
I did a ton of studying and work on Sat and could barely keep my eyes open during the afternoon. Karel had to work and the evening was spent watching the Tour de California (we have it taping every day this week. We LOVE this tour!).
I am not a big valentine person so I consider the 14th of Feb. just another day but I do like the excuse for a little gift giving. Since Karel finished his Landis to Lance book, I got him another book about Lance Armstrong. I also got him a few chocolates...oh, does he love his chocolate. We both had pancakes for dinner (typical valentine dinner for us) and Karel gave me pink TYR goggles. LOVE them!
On Sun. Karel got up at 6am and he was gone at 7am for his race. As for me, I took my time to start my run because my legs were so stiff and sore. My inner thighs hurt so bad that I could barely walk downstairs. Luckily, they loosened up for my 1 hour and 45 min. run and I felt really good for my run. It was so nice to be outside and I just love listening to my music and thinking.
After my run, Campy and I went on a nice walk and then it was time to get back to homework. I am so ready to have a weekend of no studying!
This morning I slept in. Went to bed at 9:45 and woke up at 6:45. I stayed in bed until 7:10 when I smelled the coffee. Campy stayed in bed until 7:20. :)
I went to the Y for a recovery swim which I debated about last night. I decided I would not swim (or do anything) if I didn't feel like it in the morning but as time went by in the morning, I really wanted to try out my new goggles. I felt really good in the water and did a nice pyramid set of 50 easy, 50 fast, 100 easy, 100 fast, 150 easy, 150 fast. I did that two times, plus warm-up, warm-down and a 300 kick. I finished with 2100 yards and did some core. I was really glad I gave myself a little extra sleep in the morning and I am looking forward to a good week of training...and studying :(