contact us

Use the form on the right to contact us.

You can edit the text in this area, and change where the contact form on the right submits to, by entering edit mode using the modes on the bottom right.

Greenville, SC

Trimarni is place where athletes and fitness enthusiasts receive motivation, inspiration, education, counseling and coaching in the areas of nutrition, fitness, health, sport nutrition, training and life.

We emphasize a real food diet and our coaching philosophy is simple: Train hard, recover harder. No junk miles but instead, respect for your amazing body. Every time you move your body you do so with a purpose. Our services are designed with your goals in mind so that you can live an active and healthy, balanced lifestyle.

Trimarni Blog

A blog dedicated to exercise, nutrition and my life

What happened to my Tuesday???

Marni Sumbal

It is now Wednesday and I am just killing time at my parents house until we head to the airport for our 2pm flight. It is super windy here in New port richey but a nice 50-degree, sunny day. I had a great hour run this morning to get the blood flowing before I sit all day.
Here was my tuesday....which felt like a 5 hour day, rather than a typical 14 hour day.

6:30am - Coffee, check email, check training peaks for workout.
7am - On trainer. Although this is my recovery week, the un-planned workouts start on wed (today). Shawn did break up the monotony of the normal Tues interval workouts so I didn't mind getting in a good sweat this morning. After the warm-up I did 1 min on, 1 min off, 2 min on, 1 min off, 3 min on, 1 min off, 4 min on, 1 min off. After recovering after the set, I repeated it again. The "on" was in the big chain ring and the "off" was in the small chain ring. The goal was to keep the same cadence throughout the entire set. I liked the workout and it went by super fast. 1 hour on the trainer was finished at 8.
8:15am - 21 min. run with Campy. I didn't realize how COLD and WINDY it was outside until we started running. I shouldn't have put Campy's sweater on him. My fingers were freezing, even though it was around 45-degrees out. It was just super windy! We had a great run and it is becoming more and more fun to run off the bike when I have my "running" partner with me. We also got a big "hi" from Karel as he was driving to the Trek store to meet Jeff for their windy and cold bike ride of intervals on their TT bikes.
9:00am - Breakfast (SMOOTHIE!)
9:30am - Folded laundry that has been sitting in the dryer for a day. I am horrible at finishing laundry...not my favorite chore.
10am - Work on nutrition write-up
10:45 - Work on school work
11:45 - Start packing
12:30 - Walk Campy
1pm - Lunch. I ate random stuff in the fridge so that we wouldn't have spoiled food when we came back.
2pm - Finish packing. Seriously, I have no idea what to bring. I have so much winter stuff and I haven't had a chance to wear any of it in so long! As you know from the news, Kentucky is known for snow and lots of ICE so I have lots of clothes from living in Lexington, KY.
2:20 - Checked us in online for Southwest.
2:50 - Head to school for my first day of biochemistry. So I am probably not the best student for missing the 2nd and 3rd day of class but I guess it is better than missing an exam mid-way through the semester. I really like my biochemistry class and I always tell myself if I had the money (and energy) to get a PhD I would get one in biochemistry. Love that stuff!
4:45pm - Finish school. Head home in traffic.
5:20pm - Go to the bank
5:45pm - Hit to the road to my parents house. Luggage, carry-on's, food (trail mix of course!), Campy and Smudla. I thought the car ride would be more horrible than it was, since Smudla hates the car, but she did ok.
9:30pm - Arrived at my parents!

Phew..what a day!
I am so happy that I can finally get to the airport and relax. I will post pics as soon as I can.
This Floridian is heading to the SNOW!!! (I did bring one pair of sandals...can't go anywhere without them :) hehe. I will wear them next to the fire)