contact us

Use the form on the right to contact us.

You can edit the text in this area, and change where the contact form on the right submits to, by entering edit mode using the modes on the bottom right.

Greenville, SC

Trimarni is place where athletes and fitness enthusiasts receive motivation, inspiration, education, counseling and coaching in the areas of nutrition, fitness, health, sport nutrition, training and life.

We emphasize a real food diet and our coaching philosophy is simple: Train hard, recover harder. No junk miles but instead, respect for your amazing body. Every time you move your body you do so with a purpose. Our services are designed with your goals in mind so that you can live an active and healthy, balanced lifestyle.

Trimarni Blog

A blog dedicated to exercise, nutrition and my life

Two crashes and Earth day

Marni Sumbal

I'm exhausted.
Last hard training block before a recovery week:
Sat - 15.5 miles running w/ my friend Katrine
Sat - Worked Earth day 11:30-4:30
Sun - 82 mile ride (4 1/2 hrs) in the wind + 27 run with Campy
Sun - Visit my friend Libby at St. Augustine beach
Sun - nutrition chat 8pm.

Somewhere in the madness I managed to complete one project for school but I will be stressed with homework all day today. Just 2 more weeks of school left before finals!

So, in all of that training you can see I didn't do much resting. I will save this topic for another post but I want to stress the importance of rest and sleep with an increase of volume. Yes-you will be tired and exhausted when you increase your trianing volume for an IM or even a sprint tri so therefore, you need to increase your sleep! You don't need to supplement to try to give yourself more energy. You don't need to eat more cause you think you aren't eating enough because you have no energy. You first and foremost need sleep! Then you can look at the diet and see if you do need a supplement due to your increase in trianing volume. Well, although I didn't get much rest, I was in bed by 8:30 both Fri and Sat night. I was just pooped on sat morning so my big training weekend was even more exausting.

Earth day was great! We had a lot of people pledge to Go By Bike, which is the mission of Trek. The Trek corporation is asking people to committ to a more healthy lifestyle and to stop riding in the car when you can bike instead. 25% of trips made from home are within 1 mile from the home. The car releases more pollution in the first few minutes of driving compared to driving more than 2 miles. We gave away a lot of water bottles so that people can stay hydrated when the bike. It was great to hear from so many people who actually did bike to the Earth Day celebration. I also had a lot of kids make promises to me that they would exercise and eat healthy forever :)
Another great thing about Earth Day at Native Sun was all the Organic FOOD!! I filled up on my favorite food...PITA CHIPS!! And after round one of hummus and pita chips, I politely asked for seconds. Oh-so good! I don't buy them because I would eat them like crazy so it was a nice treat. I got a lot of great coupons and learned a lot from all of the vendors and I am excited for people to make some healthy changes in their lives.
So, before Earth day I received a phone call and text from my good friend Libby
"I got hit by an a$$ hole who made a left turn into me. Bike is in pieces but I'm ok"
I freaked out because Libby and I were just talking the other day about people dying on their bikes. On Mon (a week ago) a lady was riding a hybrid bike in the bike lane during her lunch break and was killed by a car. The scary thing is that I ride on that same road but early in the morning. Now I just stick to developing roads and I drive my bike to places to bike. I am not taking any more chances with my one life.
Luckily, Libby was ok. Some road rash and a broken Kuota that Karel just fixed up for her race which she was supposed to do on Sun.
I visited Libby at her house at St. Augustine Beach yesterday and since Karel was racing, I brought Campy. Although Libby's neck is sore and she is stressing about the law suit (which is just stressful but worth it when it is all overwith), we had a great time walking our doggies on the beach. This was a big day for Campy because not only does Campy have a new GF (Libby's dog) but this was Campy's first trip to the beach. I couldn't take Campy off his leash but he had so much fun in the sand and even in the water. He had never seen waves before and he was jumping up and down in the water when the waves splashed his feet. He also enjoyed bitting the bubbles from the waves. Although he was super hyper and wet, he had a great time.
After the beach Libby and I hung out in her place and just chatted while Campy and Brisben (her dog) took a well-needed nap. Libby gave me a great mango w/ greek yogurt and Campy and Brisben helped Neil (Libby's hubby) cook for dinner.
Around 6pm I headed home and it was time to catch up with Karel.
Karel called me right before I headed to Libby's to tell me that he crashed in his race. How it happened, not sure. But, there were a lot of crashes in his crit. The sad part is that he just got a new and VERY expensive front race wheel on Sat. Karel rode that wheel for 13 minutes before he had to say good-bye to it in his race. Bummer. Did I mention it is very expensive? Well, Karel was so worried that I would be upset because he crashed the wheel but when it comes to my hubby and racing, walking away from a race with road rash is better than any broken wheel and not being able to walk away from a crash.
So, there's my weekend. Luckily, it is another day, I am safe, my friends and family are healthy and alive (some of them with road rash) and I can be thankful that I can live another day. Be careful out there!

Earth Day

Afternoon with Libby

Karel's new wheel and the aftermath