Here's my recipe, you pick what fruit and nuts you want to use. Enjoy!
1 cup chopped/sliced fruit - I used strawberries and peaches
1/2 cup chopped nuts and/or dried fruit - I used bulk trail mix from Whole Foods
1 tbsp flax seeds
1/2 banana (mashed)
3 ounces low fat yogurt - I used strawberry
1/4 cup skim milk
1 tbsp honey or agave nectar
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tbsp. cinnamon
1/2 tbsp. vanilla extract
1/8 cup soy flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup extra raisin, Raisin Bran cereal
2 tbsp chopped dark chocolate
Water (in 1/8 cup servings)
1) Pre-heat oven to 350-degrees
2) In small bowl, mix together egg, milk, vanilla, honey and yogurt.
3) In large bowl, mix together cereal, flour (soy and whole wheat), cinnamon, ginger, flax seeds and banana until everything is well mixed.
4) In large bowl, add wet mix and stir.
5) Slowly add water (1/8 cup at a time) until you can easily stir through mixture and batter barely drips off the spoon.
6) Fold in chocolate and your choice of nuts and fruit until everything is well-mixed.
7) In a non-stick muffin tin (sprayed with a few squirts non-stick spray) spoon batter into each tin until 3/4ths full.
8) Cook for 10-15 minutes until muffin is firm on top (or when your kitchen starts smelling yummy!)