The potato slices are super easy to make. They can be incorporated into a meal (like the one below) or eaten as an appetizer or snack, with a plate of veggies, nuts and cheese as an alternative to chips and dip.
1 large potato
Seasoning: about 2 tsp of each, mixed together in a bowl. Cayenne pepper, paprika, pepper
2 cloves chopped garlic
1 tbsp Olive oil
1. Thinly slice a washed potato.
2. Lay potatoes on a baking sheet, lined with tinfoil.
3. Drizzle olive oil over potatoes and sprinkle seasoning mixture. Top with garlic.
4. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until brown. Turn heat to broil for 5 additional minutes.
3 egg whites and 1 whole egg
1/8 cup skim milk
1 roma tomato (sliced)
1. In a small non-stick skillet (sprayed with non-stick spray) on medium heat, pour egg mixture (eggs and milk scrambled). Place 5-6 tomatoes in eggs and cover.
2. Cook for a few minutes or until egg mixture starts to rise and becomes thick (you should be able to get a large spatula under the egg mixture without the mixture breaking).
3. Once the egg mixture is brown around the edges and firm, flip w/ large spatula and cook for a few more minutes (uncovered).
4. Remove egg frittata and top with your favorite healthy toppings.
*I used jalapenos, tofu and mushrooms.
Here's an easy way to cook your veggies:
*On non-stick baking sheet with tinfoil, spread out your veggies (and tofu) and use olive oil or non-stick spray to prevent sticking. Cook for around 10 minutes at 350-375 degrees.