How's your training going?
Lots of interval work on the treadmill and on the trainer and lots of tempo work in the pool and on the bike. I feel great and loving the daily morning sweat. I am happy that my recipes are fueling my healthy and active lifestyle and based on the comments on my blog and nice emails...I am glad to hear that my recipes are fueling your lifestyle as well :)
I figured I should post these recipes before the weekend so that you can cure your post-workout cravings with a healthy and yummy treat. What better than cookies!
Enjoy my latest creations!
Crunchy Oatmeal Raisin Cookie
3 egg whites
1 tbsp light brown sugar
1/8 tsp cream of tarter
1 tsp almond extract
2 tsp honey
dash of all spice and cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup oats
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/8 cup raisins (chopped)
1 tbsp dark chocolate (shaved chocolate bar)
1 tbsp flax seed
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a non-stick pan w/ non-stick spray
2. Combine honey, spices, baking soda, oats, whole wheat flour, raisins, dark chocolate and flax seed in a large bowl. Mix well.
3. In a separate bowl (not glass), beat egg whites, cream of tarter, almond extract and brown sugar until stiff peaks form.
4. Gently fold in oat-mixture into egg whites, by 1/4 cup. Be sure to fold softly but enough to prevent clumps in flour.
5. Place batter on pan by the spoonful (small spoonful).
6. Bake for 15-20 min. or until cookies are hard.
Zucchini Carrot Raisin Cookie