I thought I would post a few fun facts about food and drinks
*I didn't do the research to see if all of these facts are 100% true so don't hold me to them...
1. 50% of US pizzas are sold with pepperoni on them.
2. A coffee tree yields about 1 lb of coffee in a year.
3. A company in Taiwan makes dinnerware out of wheat, so you can eat your plate!
4. A hard boiled egg will spin. An uncooked or soft boiled egg will not.
5. 1-ounce milk chocolate (bar) has 6mg of caffeine.
6. A peanut is a legume, not a nut.
7. A recent study at Harvard shows that eating chocolate actually helps you live longer.
8. Almonds are part of the peach family.
9. Americans eat nearly 100 acres of pizza every day - that's approximately 350 slices per second!
10. Among older men, vanilla is the most erotic smell.
11. An apple, potato and onion all taste the same if you eat them with your nose plugged.
12. Apples are 25% air.
13. Avocados are poisonous to birds.
14. Banana's contain a natural chemical which can make a person happy. This chemical is also found in Prozac.
15. Budweiser beer is named after a town in Czechoslovakia (No wonder Karel is a beer drinker...but he doesn't like Budweiser!)
16. Buttermilk doesn't contain any butter.
17. By recycling just one glass bottle, the amount of energy that is being saved is enough to light a 100 watt bulb for 4 hours.
18. Canola Oil is actually rapeseed oil but the name was changed for marketing reasons.
19. Chewing gum while cutting onions can help a person from producing tears.
20. Chop-suey is not a native Chinese dish. It was created in California by Chinese immigrants.
*And that is just A-C facts!
A few cranberries
5 whole almonds (chopped)
1 kiwi (sliced)
A few baby carrots (sliced)
1 celery stick (chopped)
1 roma tomato
A few pear and apple slices
Crock pot Vegetable Soup
(Another Karel masterpiece!)
Red potatoes (cooked in hot water until soft, before cutting)
Vegetarian soup flavoring powder(small pinch)
Cooked in slow cooker for 6 hours but 10x better the next day.