Here's my idea of a filling afternoon snack or a healthy appetizer as you are preparing your meal:
Hummus, Celery, Carrots, Part-skim Mozzarella cheese, nuts
I got a little creative with my salad and topped my beautiful veggie selection with a Chickpea Ball. It was super delicious!
1 can chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
1/4 cup green pepper (sliced)
1 clove garlic
1 tsp olive oil
1. In a medium pot, add olive oil and chopped garlic. Heat to medium heat.
2. Add chickpeas and cover for 5-10 min. Stir occasionally.
3. When chickpeas get soft, add peppers and seasonings and mash/crush with a spatula (or fork).
4. Continue cooking for 2-4 more minutes and turn off burner.
5. Take a few spoonfuls and form into a ball.
(you can also use this as a spread/substitute for hummus
Egg whites (hardboiled with a little yoke added to the salad)
Shredded cheese (a little pinch)