I also love roasted veggies, especially when they are easy to prepare. With hardly any prep, you can have a serving or two of veggies in less than 20 min.
Lastly, for a little protein in my vegetarian life, I LOVE LOVE LOVE my tofu egg salad. It's been a while since I made it and I sure did miss it!
Carrot and Apple Slaw
1 cup shredded carrots
1 cup shredded apple (gala or yellowish apple)
Lime juice (usually 2 tsp but add to your liking)
1. Combine all ingredients. Add additional lime juice if you want a sweeter slaw.
1 zucchini (peeled and sliced into thin wedges)
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
1-2 tsp olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. On a baking dish, lined with tinfoil, spread out veggies.
3. Drizzle olive oil and toss.
4. Bake for 20-30 min or until veggies begin to brown.
Tofu egg salad
Equal servings of the following 3 veggies (about 1/2 cup):
Carrots, Onion, Celery
1/8 cup chopped jalapenos
5 eggs (2 whole eggs, 3 egg whites)
1/2 block firm tofu (crumbled)
4 roma tomatoes
1/4-1/3 cup chickpeas
2 big cloves garlic (chopped)
2 tsp spicy mustard
1 tbsp olive oil mayo
2 spoonfuls of your favorite salsa
Pepper, curry powder, cumin
1. Combine all ingredients and stir.
(best after an hour or more in the refrigerator)