I am so excited to share this recipe and enjoy these muffins on the way down South to Delray Beach. Often, Karel's riding buddies want to know how Karel continues to ride strong with a plant-strong diet. Simple. Real food is emphasized most of the time, we allow food to fuel our workouts and lifestyle and when training stops, we are both mindful as to the other areas in his life that make for a balanced life.
Pizza, Salad and Muffins. My kind of balance :)
Kashi mediterranean pizza (first time I tried it) - topped with extra tomatoes and onion
Side - oven-baked cauliflower (cooked cauliflower in microwave on vegetable setting. Cut into pieces and tossed with olive oil. Seasoned with a pinch of sea salt and chili spices)
Beautiful salad - strawberries, dark greens, peanuts, carrots, onions, tomatoes, celery
Zucchini Carrot Muffins
1/3 cup soy flour
1/3 cup corn meal
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp brown sugar
1/8 cup chopped walnuts
Dash of cinnamon
1/8 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp raisins
1 tbsp chocolate chips
1/3 cup unsweet applesauce
1 cup shredded carrots (or 1 large carrot)
1 cup zucchini (shredded) (or 1 large zucchini)
2 tbsp oil
1. Preheat oven to 350-degrees. Spray non stick muffin tin with non stick spray.
2. Combine dry ingredients in large bowl. Evenly combine.
3. Combine wet ingredients in medium bowl. Mix together.
4. Add wet to dry and stir until flours are well combined.
5. Scoop a little less than 1/3 cup in each muffin tin.
6. Bake for 12-18 minutes, until top of muffin is peaked and firm.
Serving Size 1
Cholesterol: 35 mg