Skill Camp Greenville SC
Location: Greenville, SC
Type of camp: Skill-focused triathlon camp
Length of camp: 2.5 days
Dates: May 26-28th
In case you haven't heard, we have a little gem of a triathlon training playground here in Greenville. Although it's no longer a well kept secret, the Greenville community embraces cycling. People love riding bikes in Greenville. As if our award winning downtown Greenville and Falls Park wasn't enough, we have breathtaking mountain views, farm-to-table restaurants and friendly people.
Our skills camp is designed to provide athletes, of all fitness levels, with hands-on opportunities to develop the basic and most necessary skills to succeed in the sport of triathlon. Our goal is to help you break bad habits and integrate new skills into your training execution in order to reduce risk for injury/health issues, to improve your fitness and to improve your confidence as a developing triathlete.
If you want to get faster, stronger and better as a triathlete, it's important to become more skillful as a triathlete.
From our experience in working with athletes of all levels, every triathlete has room for improvement when it comes to swim, bike, run skills.
Downtown Greenville hotel recommendations
5 N Laurens St, Greenville, SC 29601
Holiday Inn Express and Suites
407 N Main St, Greenville, SC 29601
Embassy Suites by Hilton
250 Riverplace, Greenville, SC 29601
Hampton Inn and Suites
171 Riverplace, Greenville, SC 29601
50 W Broad St, Greenville, SC 29601
TENTATIVE CAMP ITINERARY
Friday May 26th
- 60 min swimming lecture
- 90-minute swim skill session
- 30-minute run workout
- Nutrition lecture - daily and sport
- 2-hour bike skills and ride
Saturday May 27th
- 60-minute running lecture
- 2-hour run skill session and workout
- Race execution lecture
- 2-hour bike skills and ride
Sunday May 28th
- Putting it all together
- 3-hour bike ride
- 30-60-minute run
- Transition work
(Sunday workout will be catered to the athletes fitness needs. No athlete will feel excluded).
TOPICS OF DISCUSSION
- Training - how to get "better"
- Injury prevention
- Mental strength/confidence
- Strength training/mobility
- Swim skills
- Training for open water and race simulation
- Cycling – descending, cornering, climbing and all basic riding skills
- Running form and mechanics - fast, easy, downhill, uphill
- Pacing in running
- Race execution/tactics
- Race planning
- Sport Nutrition and Daily Nutrition
YOUR CAMP EXPERIENCE INCLUDES
- 2.5 days of training
- Group training environment
- Two attentive coaches available at all times
- Snacks/water and select sport nutrition products provided for all workouts
- One-on-one skill work
- Reserved pool lanes
- Bike mechanic support - anytime
- Board Certified Sport Dietitian support - anytime
- Bike assembly, disassembly - if needed
- Sport nutrition for all workouts
- SAG support for bike workouts
- Swag bag from select Trimarni sponsors
- Trimarni camp gear - t-shirt, hat/visor, swim cap, water bottle
- RETUL fit - $225 (By appointment only, limited availability)
NOT COVERED IN RATE
Shuttle to and from airport
When should I plan to arrive/depart?
We suggest to book your travel so that you arrive by late afternoon/early evening on May 25th, 2017. We suggest to depart on Sunday late afternoon May 28th or enjoy an extra evening/day in Greenville and leave on Monday May 29th. We suggest to book your hotel as soon as possible since it is Memorial weekend.
How should I get my bike to camp?
If you are not planning to drive with your bike, we suggest to either fly with your bike or use Bike Flights to ship your bike. If you are considering using Bike Flights, please contact us after you reserve your spot at camp for more details.
If you are flying with your bike (or shipping your bike), you do not need to bring your bike pump as we will have pumps available.
What if I get injured before the camp but I’ve already registered?
Please review our cancellation policy ahead of time in the case of an injury. If you still plan on attending camp with a recent injury, we will do our best to modify workouts so that you can get the most out of your camp experience. We will not let you feel excluded.
What if I am not fit enough for this camp?
While we will give you workouts to test your learned camp skills, this is a skill specific camp designed to help you train better throughout the season. You do not have to come to camp in peak race shape.
I am not a Trimarni coaching athlete, can I still attend?
Absolutely! We would love to have you at camp.
100% refund before 2/26/17
50% refund before 4/12/17
25% refund before 4/26/17
It is our goal to give you the best camp experience possible.
Please let us know what we can do to make your camp experience memorable, stress-free and fun.
2.5 day camp
LATE SIGN UP
After February 26th, 2017
I'M READY FOR CAMP! SIGN ME UP!